MFPs continue to play an important role in the business landscape. Organizations in virtually every industry ranging from Healthcare, Insurance, Manufacturing, Finance, Government and Legal, Education, and Real Estate/Mortgage are increasingly consolidating printing, copying, scanning, and faxing functionality into all-in-one devices reducing overall hardware footprint while providing cost and operational efficiencies. When equipped with LAN connectivity, an MFP can be integrated with a centralized fax server to yield additional productivity improvements. Enterprises leverage MFPs to enable the delivery of hard copy faxes and other documents by transforming the paper based versions into their electronic counterparts.
Sagemcom’s XMediusFAX IP fax server software solution and OpenLine fax appliance product lines integrate with various MFP manufacturers through the use of “connectors” as well as other technologies to enable fax functionality. Connectors designed for specific manufacturers provide users convenient and enhanced fax capabilities on the same MFP they use for other document-based processes while MFP integration via T.37 (i.e. Scan-to-Email) provides basic fax capabilities for a wide range of MFP manufacturers.
The many benefits of linking MFPs to your XMediusFAX or OpenLine solution can include:
- Accelerated and streamlined document management and workflow
- Audit trails to facilitate regulatory compliance (e.g., HIPAA and SOX)
- Reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Eliminates the need for MFP fax kits
- Increase employee productivity and efficiency
- Advanced fax capabilities such as access to company address books, fax cover sheet selection, billing codes, etc.
- Enhanced user security through Active Directory authentication
Additional information on available Sagemcom fax server connectors:
XMediusFAX or OpenLine are also fully integrated with industry-leading MFPs and copiers through standard T.37 protocols (Lexmark, OKI and Muratec).